Wednesday 17 April 2019

5 ways to beat anxiety

Hey everyone I know it has been the longest time since I wrote a blog post I was focusing more on my YouTube channel but I want to start writing again. Today's post will be a little bit different from my usual posts.. I'm not here to tell you about the newest palette or the nicest lipstick I own because i don't know about ye but sometimes i feel under pressure to have the newest thing on the market just to fit in with the crowd. Life isn't about the materialistic things we have but it's about how we feel on the inside and how we cope with those feelings in the moment. If you follow me for awhile you will know I suffer from anxiety and I have been on medication for it in the past but I am now 13 weeks medication free so I have had to try find ways to deal with it myself now. We all get anxious from time to time let's say if we have an interview or a test and that's normal but when it stops you from going about your daily tasks you need to question why. So here are my 5 ways of dealing with it that I find work best for me.




1. Stop whatever you are doing and just breathe and try (I know it's hard) but just try to concentrate on only breathing, noticing your chest rising with every inhale and deflating with every exhale. Do that for 5 minutes if you can it really does help. 

2. Do something to occupy your mind.. Hoover, scrub the oven, read a book, play with make up or organise your shoes anything at all that will stop you thinking about the anxiety or anxious feelings.

3. Throw on your favourite music and sing along to it or dance if you want to.

4. Meditate, for some it is so hard to do but there are plenty guided meditation videos on YouTube so look for 1 that suits you. When practised daily it can keep you more balanced. 

5. Camomile tea.. this really helps me when I am feeling a bit anxious.. 1 cup of it helps but sometimes i might need a second cup and I feel ok again....

Side note.... I have tried cbd oil because I heard it is very good for anxiety but it gave me a really upset stomach so I stopped taking it but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

I hope these tips help you and thank you for reading. Just know you are not alone and everything will be ok. 

Lorz x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

5 ways to beat anxiety

Hey everyone I know it has been the longest time since I wrote a blog post I was focusing more on my YouTube channel but I want to start wr...